- A truly unique and fascinating look at the changing nature of masculinity and manliness, told through the lens of a series of Yorkshire County Cricket Club player portraits through the ages.
- George Hirst was a man of his time. His apocryphal quotation "We'll get 'em in singles" epitomises his no-fuss approach to all matters, and his distaste for excess or ostentation. His stiff upper lip was a requisite part of his Edwardian manliness. Fast-forward a century or so to Darren Gough's besequinned victory on Strictly Come Dancing or to Michael Vaughan's final, teary press conference, and the different versions of what it means to be masculine are worlds apart.
- It is one of the oldest clichés in sports writing to say that sport mirrors life. And yet, in this instance, the world of Yorkshire cricket has so faithfully mirrored the outside world that the cliché is unavoidable. Yorkshire, most sober of counties, has given us some remarkable characters over the years – Len Hutton, Geoffrey Boycott, and Fred Trueman to name just a few. Through portraits of these and other Yorkshire players, and the values that they shared with their contemporaries, this wonderfully original book maps the contours of a sexual revolution whose tremors are still being felt today.
- Standard - £6.35 (Monday to Friday) Delivery within 3-5 working days.
- International - £29.95 To over 120 countries, within 7 - 14 working days.
- Europe - £29.95 Delivery within 7 - 14 working days.
We have a 30-day return policy, which means you have 30 days after receiving your item to request a return. Please make sure that the items are returned in their original packaging.
To a Store Bring your items and proof of purchase into store within 14 days from the day your parcel arrives, for a full refund via the original payment method. Or within 30 days, when you can either exchange your items or take a Gift Card to the value of your items.
By Post Please send your return by post or courier within 14 days from the day your parcel arrives for a full refund via the original payment method. Or within 30 days, when we will refund you with an eVoucher to the value of your items.
To start a return, you can contact us at email@example.com. If your return is accepted, Items sent back to us without first requesting a return will not be accepted.
You can always contact us for any return question at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Damages and issues
Please inspect your order upon reception and contact us immediately if the item is defective, damaged or if you receive the wrong item, so that we can evaluate the issue and make it right.
Exceptions / non-returnable items
Certain types of items cannot be returned. Please get in touch if you have questions or concerns about your specific item.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept returns on gift cards.
The fastest way to ensure you get what you want is to return the item you have, and once the return is accepted, make a separate purchase for the new item.
We will notify you once we’ve received and inspected your return, and let you know if the refund was approved or not. If approved, you’ll be automatically refunded on your original payment method. Please remember it can take some time for your bank or credit card company to process and post the refund too.