- Don'ts for Husbands and Don'ts for Wives were republished by A&C Black in 2007 and have sold more than one million copies to date.
- The advice contained in Don'ts for Cricketers was originally printed in 1888 and 1906 and contains hundreds of snippets of entertaining, timeless and amusing advice for cricketers of all abilities.
- The advice, ranging from technique and equipment to etiquette on the field, provides an entertaining snapshot of life in early twentieth-century Britain.
- On batting mentality: 'Don't be in two minds about how you are going to play the ball, for that way madness lies.'
- On batting technique: 'Don't fail to keep the ball down in driving, for you run great risk of being caught. Of course, the "high drive" is an extremely pretty stroke.'
- On bowling mentality: 'Don't be sulky or sad if your bowling is punished or your captain takes you off bowling when you want to continue.'
- On bowling technique: 'Don't bend your elbow; it is not pleasant to be called for "throwing" when you are bowling in a match.'
- On fielding: 'Don't forget the old story of the famous cricketer who scored 125 for the Gentlemen of England, but dropped so many catches that at the end of the day he was adjudged to owe his side 95 runs!'
- On the essence of the game: 'Don't forget the motto of that famous old cricket club, I Zingari: "Keep your promise, keep your temper, keep your wicket up.'
- Standard - £6.35 (Monday to Friday) Delivery within 3-5 working days.
- International - £29.95 To over 120 countries, within 7 - 14 working days.
- Europe - £29.95 Delivery within 7 - 14 working days.
We have a 30-day return policy, which means you have 30 days after receiving your item to request a return. Please make sure that the items are returned in their original packaging.
To a Store Bring your items and proof of purchase into store within 14 days from the day your parcel arrives, for a full refund via the original payment method. Or within 30 days, when you can either exchange your items or take a Gift Card to the value of your items.
By Post Please send your return by post or courier within 14 days from the day your parcel arrives for a full refund via the original payment method. Or within 30 days, when we will refund you with an eVoucher to the value of your items.
To start a return, you can contact us at email@example.com. If your return is accepted, Items sent back to us without first requesting a return will not be accepted.
You can always contact us for any return question at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Damages and issues
Please inspect your order upon reception and contact us immediately if the item is defective, damaged or if you receive the wrong item, so that we can evaluate the issue and make it right.
Exceptions / non-returnable items
Certain types of items cannot be returned. Please get in touch if you have questions or concerns about your specific item.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept returns on gift cards.
The fastest way to ensure you get what you want is to return the item you have, and once the return is accepted, make a separate purchase for the new item.
We will notify you once we’ve received and inspected your return, and let you know if the refund was approved or not. If approved, you’ll be automatically refunded on your original payment method. Please remember it can take some time for your bank or credit card company to process and post the refund too.